Web Desk: The federal government has ordered the immediate removal of all obstacles affecting the transportation and distribution of wheat and flour to Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, amid efforts to ensure uninterrupted supplies of essential food items in the province.
In a statement issued on Wednesday, the Ministry of National Food Security said authorities had been instructed to facilitate the smooth movement of wheat and flour consignments and prevent any disruptions in the supply chain.
The ministry also introduced a dedicated WhatsApp helpline to allow citizens, transporters and businesses to report complaints or barriers related to the delivery process.
Officials said the initiative aims to improve coordination between federal and provincial authorities and address concerns regarding delays or restrictions in the movement of food supplies into the province.
The ministry urged stakeholders to immediately report any incidents of obstruction, hoarding or unnecessary interference affecting the transportation of wheat and flour.
Meanwhile, authorities said swift action would be taken against individuals or groups found creating hurdles in the supply process.
The latest directive comes as the government seeks to maintain stable food availability and prevent shortages in key markets.
Uninterrupted wheat supplies remain critical for controlling flour prices and ensuring market stability, particularly in provinces with high consumption demand.
The federal government has repeatedly emphasised the importance of strengthening food security and improving the distribution network to avoid supply disruptions across the country.
Read more: Govt to introduce major reforms in insurance sector