Security forces conducted a major intelligence-based operation in Quetta and killed the alleged mastermind behind the September 30, 2025 attack on FC (North) Balochistan Headquarters, while one of his accomplices was arrested alive.
According to security sources, the operation targeted wanted militant commander Bashir, who was allegedly associated with Fitna al-Khawarij. Officials said Bashir had long been on the radar of intelligence agencies and was involved in planning and coordinating several militant attacks.
Security officials stated that Bashir was the main planner of the FC Headquarters attack and had also played a role in multiple other terrorist activities. Following the attack, security forces carried out operations in different areas and killed 15 militants, though Bashir managed to escape at the time.
Later, during a large-scale operation in the Shaban area on the night between May 14 and 15, security forces killed 33 suspected militants. During that operation, intelligence reports revealed that Bashir had been leading a militant camp in the area.
Afterward, security agencies intensified efforts to capture or eliminate him. On May 20, acting on secret intelligence, forces tracked his location and killed him during an exchange of fire, while one of his associates was arrested alive.
Authorities identified Bashir as a resident of Gulistan Chaman and son of Noorullah. Officials said he had allegedly been involved in several major attacks, including a suicide attack on a Wing Headquarters in Chaman, assaults on FC posts in Loralai, and planning drone attacks against security forces.
Security sources said operations against elements attempting to destabilise the country would continue and no one would be allowed to threaten national security.
Also Read: Security Forces eliminate 28 Khawarij in ongoing operation in North Waziristan