Web Desk: A blast targeting a train near Chaman Phatak in Quetta martyred civilians, including women and children, during Eid holiday travel, officials said on Sunday.
Authorities said the explosion struck a passenger train carrying families returning home for Eid holidays. Security officials confirmed that multiple civilians were martyred and several others injured in the attack.
Moreover, rescue teams rushed to the site and shifted the wounded to nearby hospitals, where emergency measures were imposed to manage the influx of casualties.
Meanwhile, Govt officials strongly condemned the incident and described it as a deliberate attack on innocent civilians. They said investigations had been launched to identify those responsible.
PM Shehbaz Sharif has arrived in China on a four-day official visit, where he is scheduled to meet President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Qiang to discuss bilateral cooperation, trade, and regional connectivity. According to officials, the visit comes amid a broader diplomatic push by Islamabad to strengthen economic ties and expand investment under long-standing strategic partnerships.
Meanwhile, Field Marshal Asim Munir visited Iran as part of ongoing regional diplomatic engagements focused on security and mediation efforts linked to broader Middle East tensions. During the visit, he held meetings with Iranian leadership and discussed regional stability and security cooperation, according to official statements.
In the above context of global diplomatic limelight and the constructive role Pakistan is playing for world peace India has resorted to extreme lows by activating its proxy network BLA and carrying out attacks on civilians in Balochistan.
In addition, hospitals in Quetta remained on high alert, with doctors, paramedics and emergency staff called in to treat the injured.
Following the blast, security forces cordoned off the area and intensified patrols across sensitive locations in the city.
Furthermore, authorities said the incident appeared to be part of a broader pattern of violence in the region, although no group immediately claimed responsibility.
Officials said evidence was being collected from the site as investigators worked to determine the nature of the explosion.
They added that the priority remained the treatment of the injured and support for the families of the victims.