Loading weather…

Educational institutions closed indefinitely due to floods, notification issued

⏱ 2 minute read
Previously, the district administration had ordered the closure of all schools in Sialkot on 29 and 30 August because of severe flooding.

Web desk: Schools in flood-hit areas of Pakpattan have been closed indefinitely from September 1 on the DC’s orders to ensure student safety. Authorities say classes will resume once conditions improve.

The district administration has decided to keep educational institutions in flood-affected areas closed due to the prevailing situation.

On the instructions of Deputy Commissioner Pakpattan, the Education Department issued an official notification stating that 12 schools in the tehsil will remain closed from September 1 until further notice.

The deputy commissioner explained that the step was taken to protect the lives of students and teachers, as several areas remain under threat due to floodwaters. He said safeguarding the lives and property of citizens is the administration’s top priority, and no risk can be taken with students’ safety.

According to the Education Department, a list of affected schools has been shared with the relevant authorities, while parents have been urged to fully comply with the decision. The administration added that schools will reopen as soon as the situation improves to ensure continuity of education.

Previously, the district administration had ordered the closure of all schools in Sialkot on August 29 and 30 because of severe flooding.

Meanwhile, life in rural areas has been paralysed by floodwaters, with educational activities badly disrupted in many villages.

Local residents stressed that the government must take immediate steps for the cleaning and rehabilitation of damaged schools so that children can resume their studies quickly.

Experts noted that while the closure of schools is a necessary short-term measure. The administration also needs an emergency plan for the long-term protection and recovery of educational institutions.

Read more: Severe flooding in Chenab River, situation worsens in Jhang, Multan: 275 villages submerged

Posts List

Sindh CM thanks Pak army for support, preparedness amid floods

SUKKUR: Chief Minister (CM) Sindh, Syed Murad Ali Shah, thanked the military for their support…

August 31, 2025

Marka-e-Haq Monument construction begins in Islamabad

ISLAMABAD: To pay tribute to Pakistan’s historic success against India in Bunyanum Marsoos, the construction…

August 31, 2025

Chenab in extremely high flood at Trimmu, Jhang

LAHORE: As water recede in several areas of Punjab, a flow of around 3,61,000 cusecs…

August 31, 2025

Not a single allegation of corruption against my govt, says PM Shehbaz

Prime Minister (PM) Shehbaz Sharif on Sunday addressed students at Tianjin University, one of the…

August 31, 2025
Scroll to Top