Web Desk: Saqib Chadhar has issued a clarification statement regarding the controversy involving actress Momina Iqbal, claiming he has had no contact with her for the past eight months and accusing the actress of “playing the women card.”
Speaking to local media, the PML-N MPA said he possesses complete records related to the matter and challenged anyone to present evidence if he had contacted the actress directly.
Saqib Chadhar also alleged that Momina Iqbal’s fiancé threatened him after watching a viral video linked to the controversy. He said he had already submitted an application to the police against the alleged threats.
“Now I have learned that Momina Iqbal is getting married,” he said. “Her mother also called me and apologized. If I made any calls, then the evidence should be brought forward.”
Meanwhile, Momina Iqbal’s sister, Rimsha Iqbal, addressed the media and said the family did not want to sensationalize the issue publicly.
“We faced difficulties during this matter, but we also received support,” she said, adding that the government had provided security to the family as well as to Momina Iqbal’s future in-laws after alleged threats emerged.
Rimsha Iqbal further confirmed that Momina Iqbal will marry Muhammad Hamza Habibi. The Nikah ceremony will take place on June 1 with the consent of both families.
She also clarified that Momina’s future husband is not a relative of the family, dismissing speculation circulating online.
The controversy has continued to trend on social media, where users remain divided over the claims and counterclaims made by both sides.
Read more: “I will not spare anyone” Maryam Nawaz reacts to Momina Iqbal case